The core of the association’s activities is the Policy working group and the representation of the industry interests towards the EU and global policy makers. You will be part of a small dynamic team much valued by members. Your work will have direct impact on the regulatory environment of European CSDs and their image. The senior government relations adviser will be in regular contact with the chair of the Policy working group and will report to the Secretary General of the association.
We offer a full-time contract under Belgian law with an attractive package including a salary and fringe benefits. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Belgium.
The position is open immediately.
Tasks of the senior government relation adviser
- Organise the work of the ECSDA Policy working group: monitor EU policies on financial markets and identify issues affecting CSDs, and inform members on key regulatory developments that affect them, coordinate the agenda of the working group and prepare the minutes of the meetings;
- Draft briefings and position papers of the association on EU and global regulation;
- Based on the input from the members, draft responses to public consultations;
- Answer member queries on European regulations and regularly update the extranet;
- Research special topics (collecting data from members and analysing the results carrying out specific projects (e.g. annual update of the CSD online database).
Technical skills and experience
- You have at least 5 years work experience within a financial market infrastructure, a custodian bank or one of their associations or a public affairs consultancy firm specialised in financial services;
- You have exceptional writing skills and very good spoken English;
- You have a master’s degree in law or economics (although an exception can be made for a candidate having additional experience and qualities).
- You are proactive and capable of operating autonomously, and have an independent mindset; you are a self-starter, ready to take ownership, solution-driven and client-focused, creative and going an extra-mile;
- You are assertive and diplomatic at the same time;
- You are disciplined and have strong organisation skills and an eye for detail;
- You can quickly build relationships with stakeholders.
How to apply
Please send your application via email to email@example.com addressed to the attention of Anna Kulik, Secretary General of ECSDA.
The deadline for applications is 31 October.
The application must contain the following:
- A CV in English;
- A cover letter in English specifying why you would like to join ECSDA.